President Obama attended a private dinner Thursday night in Silicon Valley with some of the biggest names in tech which included the heads of Apple, Facebook and Google. The dinner, which was held at the home of venture capitalist John Doerr, was arranged so that Obama could find new ways the government and private sector can work together to lift the weak economy, which includes promoting growth and creating jobs in the United States.
So, just who was at that dinner? Look to President Obama's left and you'll see black turtleneck sporting Apple CEO Steve Jobs and to President Obama's immediate right is Facebook's own Mark Zucerkberg.
– John Doerr, Partner, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers
– Carol Bartz, President and CEO, Yahoo Inc.
– John Chambers, Chairman and CEO, Cisco Systems Inc.
– Dick Costolo, CEO, Twitter Inc.
– Larry Ellison, Co-Founder and CEO, Oracle Corp.
– Reed Hastings, CEO, Netflix Inc.
– John Hennessy, President, Stanford University
– Steve Jobs, Chairman and CEO, Apple Inc.
– Art Levinson, Chairman and former CEO, Genentech Inc.
– Eric Schmidt, Chairman and CEO, Google Inc.
– Steve Westly, Managing Partner and Founder, The Westly Group
– Mark Zuckerberg, Founder and CEO, Facebook Inc.
Oh, to be a fly on the wall!
Photos via White House.