For many creatives, this is a time of enormous change. As many are spending more time at home, routines have changed and outside work opportunities may have disappeared. However, this does not mean that it isn't possible to capitalize on the moment. In fact, right now is the perfect time to start thinking outside of the box.
Whether that means investigating new revenue streams or pivoting marketing efforts, there are plenty of things that creatives can do from the comfort of their home to further their career. Fine artists, illustrators, graphic designers, photographers, and makers can empower themselves by using this opportunity to advance their careers in new ways.
So how does one go about doing that? Don't worry, we've got you covered. From where to sell your art online to how to expand your following on Instagram, these resources will keep you busy and productive. Before you know it, the time will fly by and you may just find yourself in an even better position career-wise.
Build Your Brand
Whether you are a seasoned creative or just building your career, there's no better time than now to step back and evaluate what you are doing. What's your creative niche? Are you sending the right message out to the public about your work? Do your website and your social media channels reflect your creativity? And how can you take what you already have and make it go further? Check out these helpful resources to keep you on track and get your work out in front of the right audience.
- How to Write an Artist Statement
- 5 Essentials for Developing Your Creative Brand
- 6 Steps to Building an Effective Online Presence
- 6 Reasons Why Every Artist Should Have Their Own Blog
- 5 Factors to Keep in Mind When Marketing Your Creativity
Looking to expand your social reach? Read these guides for quick and easy ways you can stay engaged and increase your online following.
- 10 Social Networks You Need to Join If You’re a Creative Freelancer
- 5 Ways for Creative Freelancers to Successfully Market Their Skills
- 5 Strategies to Skyrocket Your Email Newsletter to the Next Level
- 10 Easy Instagram Tips to Help Grow Your Creative Career
- 7 Tips to Help Make Your Next Creative Project Go Viral
Sell Your Work
While you may not be able to meet clients in person, that doesn't mean you can't sell your work. Whether you are used to selling paintings in a gallery setting or engaging with clients for commissioned projects, staying indoors doesn't have to mean losing money. Not only are there myriad ways to sell art online, but you can also consider new revenue streams like teaching online classes. And, while you're at it, you can always lay the foundation for future projects with crowdfunding. Get creative with the help of our guides and you'll be able to capitalize on every available opportunity.
- 8 Innovative Ways to Make Money From Your Art
- 16 Ways for Artists to Sell Their Creative Work Online
- How to Create a Store on Shopify to Sell Your Creative Products
- How to Get Started Teaching Online Creative Classes
- 7 Secrets to Etsy Success by Thriving Shop Owners
- How to Use Crowdfunding to Launch the Creative Project of Your Dreams
Want to engage with other creatives? Join our Art, Design, Photography, and Drawing Club on Facebook!